Friday 16 October 2015

It's because your R is too old

I just want to install ggplot2 for R. But it says I don't have reshape2. Then I tried to install reshape2 but it says
" plyr package for R not available for R version 3.0.2"
I thought this is because the R version is too new. Somebody said and I tried download the plyr package and install. FINALLY I GET:
"ERROR: this R is version 3.0.2, package 'plyr' requires R >= 3.1.0"
So, My R version is too old!!!!

I searched a lot. Only the following worked.
       http://askubuntu.com/questions/218708/installing-latest-version-of-r-base
       http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16093331/how-to-install-r-version-3
=======================================================================
This is an old post and I wrote it when it was impossible to install R with simple (it was installing old 2.15 version):
sudo apt-get install r-base-core
Right now you do not need to do all written below and can simply use the abovementioned command. At the time of updating it will give you 3.1 version.
Here is previous post
Uninstall old R
sudo apt-get remove r-base-core
Open sources.list
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list    
and add deb to it
deb http://cran.rstudio.com/bin/linux/ubuntu precise/
precise is your ubuntu name (may be different)
"precise" is 12.04. My ubuntu is 14.04. It should be "trusty"
Add key to sign CRAN packages
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys E084DAB9
Add specific PPA to the system
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:marutter/rdev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
installing
sudo apt-get install r-base
From R to check version
version
should give you
R version 3.2.2 (2015-08-14)
Hope people will find this helpful


No comments:

Post a Comment